School Finance 2K
Leading the Way in Progressive K-12 Financial Management Systems
Optimal Solutions is a technology solutions provider for K-12 Schools throughout Michigan. We have been providing complete products and services since 1993 with a highly skilled workforce dedicated to exceptional customer service. SchoolFinance2k™ (SF2k) is an enterprise-ready, scalable school finance solution designed exclusively for Michigan K-12 schools. Its intuitive interface and unmatched reporting capabilities along with unsurpassed technical support make SF2k a wise choice for any Michigan school district.
SF2k Has the Answers
SF2k helps K-12 business offices perform highly complex transactions, build budget scenarios on-the-fly, and win productivity challenges. Following is a list of SF2k’s features, capabilities, and advantages:
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Purchase Orders with extensive Account/Role based security and independent audit trail
- Integrated Budgeting; active, proposed, built in line item and whole budget analysis tools
- Full Payroll, with quick drill downs and sample compute features
- Personnel Records
- Professional Development, built in tracking and reporting
- Completely Integrated ORS, FID and REP, GASB and FASB Compliance and Reporting
- Seamless Third Party software integration such as TimeClock and TSA/EPARS
- Online Web Portal for real time staff access to view, track their own HR and PR information
- Boundless Reporting, Easy Imports and Exports to and from multiple formats
- Compliant with Federal and State reporting. Always up-to-date with new GASB, REP, FID, and ORS requirements.
- Handles online attendance, contracts, and multiple pay rates. Also handles multiple accounting methods—Cross Fund, Distribution, Multiple Fund.
- Unique MICR coding capability enables you to conveniently print from multiple funds to standard blank check stock, eliminating wasted time and resources.
- Online Web Portal, for paystub viewing/printing, logging of professional development hours, issuing change requests.
- Integrated Budgeting for creating budget models, comparisons, and activate budgets.
- Field and Account level security, assignable by group and/or user.
- Imports detailed transaction information quickly, saves time and reduces user error.
- All reports exportable to various file formats; Excel, PDF, Text, CSV, etc.
- Ability to email reports to non Sf2k users – saves time and money copying and distributing important reports.
- Time-saving Windows conventions of Hotkeys, user-specified sorting, and more!
- Intuitive menu layouts and customizable screens.
- Quick Lookups with logical drill-downs to view more detailed data.
- Multiple query selection options for all reports.
- Copy/Paste reoccurring transactions reducing data entry time.
- Innovative Journal Entry reverse copy/paste functionality.
- State Reporting
- SF2k is the only school finance software that generates all reports required by the Michigan Department of Education.
- SF2k has multiple reporting options and can be configured to meet your specific needs.
- SF2k allows you to customize budget reports for board presentations in a few easy clicks.
- SF2k uses industry-standard database and server technology.
- SF2k is powerful but streamlined — organized and configurable.
- SF2k has a web-portal feature that allows employees to review their current and past payroll data 24×7 (and print copies needed).
- Continuously Updated
- Three scheduled updates per year.
- Timely updates to meet changes in between.
- Updates are behind the scenes and do not require IT time.
- Superior Technical Support
- Optimal Solutions is based right here in Michigan — our support is never outsourced! When you call, you will talk with an Optimal Solutions employee dedicated to your account.
- Optimal Solutions provides many user group meetings and group/individual training seminars throughout Michigan every year.
- Low Cost
- SF2k is feature-rich but still the absolute lowest cost option in school finance software for Michigan schools.
- No nickel & dime charges (out-the-door pricing).
- Multiple payment options.